- We know consumers want to hear more from brands, but nearly half (43%) say they would prefer to hear positive non-Covid-19 related news and communications as a way to take their minds of the current reality.
- 70% are looking for ways to keep normality in their life – looking to brands in the Entertainment, Fashion and Gym & Fitness industries to provide escapism and positive stories.
- While the majority of UK consumers (41%) say their spending will not change, 1 in 5 are expecting to spend more than before during this time. This is largely due to the fact that grocery spent has increased for most, however no commuting cost for a big proportion of the population means there are extra funds to allocate elsewhere.
- Spend on leisure wear, home improvements and entertainment have seen an increase as consumers are allocating spend.
- We see a plateau in changes of behaviour such as avoiding crowded places, avoiding going to work and fear of contracting the virus. This suggests people have now adjusted to the new reality and there is reason to suggest confidence has replaced panic.
- 80% of Brits say they are avoiding crowded places, although this is a very high % it remains unchanged since 27th March.
- The % of workers avoiding going to work has also remained at 39%, suggesting the majority of workers are still going to work as they normally would.