As the UK gears up for COP26, the United Nations Climate Change Conference, premium digital out of home (DOOH) media owner Ocean Outdoor has opened a sealed bid auction for brands that want to be on the frontline of the climate emergency.
With its premium large format city and roadside DOOH portfolio, Ocean will be centre stage when Glasgow hosts COP26 starting on November 1.
Four exclusive packages will be available during the period October 30 to November 14 and bids are invited to secure these large format networks for what is regarded as the most important environmental conference ever to have been held.
The sealed bid auction is now open and runs for 10 weeks, closing at midday on April 30.
Ocean Outdoor chief revenue officer Nick Shaw said: “COP26 is a massive opportunity for brands and organisations to have a say and influence decision makers on an international scale about a critical global issue.
“In November, the eyes of the world will be on Scotland and Ocean’s large format DOOH screens will be the first and last thing delegates see as they enter and leave the conference arenas. As the leading outdoor provider in Glasgow and Edinburgh, Ocean is clearly the first choice for brands and organisations wanting to talk directly to COP26 audiences.”
Ocean has created three networked opportunities in Scotland, providing cover across Ocean’s premium assets in Glasgow and Edinburgh via 45 screens located on the key arterials and in city centre locations where COP26 will unfold.
A single Scotland Plus mega package incorporates Ocean’s Glasgow and Edinburgh portfolio with three prime London locations – the iconic Piccadilly Lights, Canary Wharf and Heathrow Terminal 5 Arrivals. Designed to capture people travelling into London as part of the COP26 experience, the mega pack provides 16% share of voice.
Also on offer are three technical options developed by Ocean Labs.
- Live content – this allows brands unlimited copy changes to synch their content live with the conference debate and resolutions as they unfold.
- Live pollution data – the integration of responsive copy with a real time pollution data feed is possible at each DOOH location.
- COP26 social media content – curated and moderated live DOOH content which is drawn from posts as they appear across social media platforms.
This is the first time Ocean has held a sealed bid auction since the 2012 London Olympics.
Reviewed and approved “offers over” bids will be decided at 5pm on April 30. Only bids received via sealed bid envelope will be considered. The available packages are not category exclusive.
- 2021 is the year of sustainability, bringing climate change back on to the political, and socio-economic agenda.
- According to the United Nations, two-thirds of 1.2 million people surveyed worldwide say that climate change is a global emergency, urging action to address the crisis.
- 62% of consumers say they are attracted to companies that believe in reducing plastics and improving the environment.
- 85% of millennials feel it is important for companies to “implement programmes that improve the environment”.