Ocean has rolled out its first premium large format digital out of home network to Norwich, one of the UK’s top 10 fastest growing cities.
The only large format full motion screen in Norwich is located above the entrance to Chapelfield, the city’s main shopping centre, in close proximity to multiple premium retailers and hospitality hotspots which attract an annual footfall of 15 million.
This unique screen fills a void of external out of home options in Norwich, offering brands access to East Anglia’s most affluent and highest spending shoppers at the region’s most visited and premier retail destination.
Ocean’s latest addition to its UK wide DOOH network reflects Norwich’s top 20 position in PWC’s Good Growth for Cities index, which ranks it above Manchester, Birmingham and Newcastle.
- Norwich has an affluent consumer base of consumers aged 18-44 (46 percent v 37 percent England). 64 percent are ABC1s
- Higher disposable income than London, Birmingham and Manchester, averaging £19,026.
- East of England’s top retail centre with a spend potential of £863 million.
- Norwich is the base for blue chip financial services companies, life sciences, advanced manufacturing and a magnet for the digital and creative industries
- Tourism in Norwich is now worth more than £750 million. Norwich airport links to 1,000 international destinations
- A highly skilled workforce is founded on two Universities and several research institutes. Thirty-three percent of the population is educated to degree level and above
- Norwich is one of the UK’s top three cities using technology to drive growth and innovation (source: Mastercard report)
- Voted one of the Best Places to Live (2018 and 2019) and 30 Coolest Places to Live in Britain
Ocean Outdoor joint managing director Steve George said: “Our investment in Norwich reflects confidence in the digital out of home sector to help retail destinations and city centres flourish and adapt as safe, welcoming work, leisure and community environments.
“Norwich is a contemporary city with a strategy of sustained investment in employment, housing and infrastructure. This, together with a strong cultural identity, makes it one of the best places to live. Which creates a superb opportunity for brands looking to tap into vibrant regional economies using premium out of home.”
- 8.07metres wide x 4.023 metres high
- Resolution – 396 pixels high x 792 pixels wide
- Screen manufacturer: Daktronics